The oil, gas and natural resources sector faces major uncertainty. Increased international competition, coupled with volatile commodity prices and uncertain demand mean operators must be resilient if they are to succeed. Our experts can help provide the clarity you need to get ahead in a challenging market.
Price volatility, geopolitics, demand uncertainty and policy challenges to grow more sustainably are just four risks the extractives sector faces. Operational resilience and excellence are essential, ranging from active management of complex capital projects to tax, legal and regulatory compliance.
At Mazars, we believe a globalised industry needs global answers, and our oil, gas and natural resources team operates across five continents with a flexible, partnership approach. It allows detailed operational problems to be solved with bespoke industry expertise.
We know how to optimise both the operational and financial performance of up-, mid- and downstream assets. This includes optimising corporate structures in the light of the OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) action plan and looking at external growth options such as strategic partnerships, M&A and disposal of non-essential assets.
We recognise that one of the most important assets in your organisation is data. By harnessing the power of your data, we improve business performance and profit, support growth, manage risk and strengthen competitive advantage. We protect your data against cyber-attacks and help ensure that you comply with data privacy laws and regulations.
Tailored services to meet the challenges of a changing industry:
Support in financing and developing your projects
- Buy and sell side transaction support including debt and equity raising, tax, financial and model due diligence
- Infrastructure finance
- International development and external growth: investment opportunity studies in the energy sector, support in driving integration projects, and financial, tax and legal support in establishing subsidiaries or businesses
Optimising your operations
- Financial management: audit and accounting, financial engineering, alignment of costs in connection with the business strategy, financial modelling of investment projects
- Data and automation: improve the power of your data and protect it
- Risk management: adjusting the level of investment in accordance with industrial risks, internal control, risk mapping, identification and prevention of fraud risks
- Operational management: industrial asset optimisation, global optimisation of the supply chain, maintenance strategy for industrial sites
Helping you transition towards new energies
- ESG audits
- Optimisation of carbon strategy
- Consulting support on all aspects of developing sustainable infrastructure and accessing sustainable finance