Our team has the knowledge and expertise required to provide effective, value-added solutions for your business.
We understand that the insurance industry is a unique segment of the financial markets. As such, it demands significant and specific knowledge and experience.
"Mazars brings its insurance expertise in a pragmatic way to ensure a high quality audit of AXA Group. They have demonstrated their capacity to efficiently coordinate their network to adapt to AXA’s evolution in the organization of the finance functions with more and more transnational transversal processes."
Head of PBRC at AXA
A deep understanding of Insurance
We are experts in insurance and are able to tailor our approach and services to the particular requirements of the insurance industry. We have one of the largest global dedicated insurance teams of any professional service provider. Our market knowledge and technical expertise in a wide range of services allow us deliver client service excellence in a seamless way.
Audit & Assurance
- Audit of financial statements for regulatory, statutory and tax purposes
- Audit reporting purposes under IFRS or US GAAP
- Other assurance assignments (reviews and examinations)
- Verification of contractual obligations compliance, special provisions to authorities, and other particular agreements
- Purchase audit
- Forensic audit (fraud, investigations, support as an expert in legal matters)
- Advice and support on issues of Corporate Governance and Support Committees
- Reviews and reports on compliance with the regulation of the various support committees of the directors board
Accounting & outsourcing
- Support for the establishment of subsidiaries of foreign companies
- Institutional management support to government agencies
- Process Outsourcing: accounting, payroll, electronic billing, cash, and other back office
- Diagnosis and accounting oversight
- Tax preparation
- Regularization accounting and tax
- Application of accounting rules issued by the Regulator; IFRS; US GAAP
- Risk Management
- Organizational efficiency and processes management
- Information systems services
- Business strategies, financial and budget, internal control
- Internal audit
- Advice in the process of reporting to credit rating entities
- Counseling in the compliance with regulatory aspects
- Compliance of tax obligations
- Advisory and tax planning
- Local and international taxes; direct and indirect
- Tax disputes
- Tax due diligence
- Tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions and restructuring
- Employment relationship tax services
- Transfer pricing
- Transactional services
- Corporate finance / mergers and acquisitions
- Business valuation, financial projections and impairment analysis
- Valuation of financial instruments
- Investment Projects
- Financial restructuring
“Thanks to the important participation of our Firm in the insurance sector in the European market, we have been present in the adoption process of the new solvency regime in Mexico. We offer our knowledge in the sector in order to help build trust and reassurance in the compliance of this new regulation. Mazars also promotes constant improvement in the optimization of insurance & bonding institutions management."
Jorge Santibáñez, Managing Partner & Insurance Leader
"The new solvency regime has created strategic challenges for the insurance sector, which Mazars can help you with. We count with the right IT technologies and human talent in order to manage the sector complexity."
Jorge Valencia, Consulting Leader
Want to know more?
Our proven experience
At Mazars, we combine international business and industry knowledge with unique insights into existing and emerging trends to offer our clients in the Insurance industry preeminent services including, audit, financial advisory services, consulting, tax and regulatory and compliance advice.